Monday, May 11, 2009

Back @ Home

So now I am finished with my first year of college.  Life seems to fly by so fast.  It seems that the older I get the faster time goes, it's pretty crazy.  Now I have to work and work and work some more.  Once you grow up things seem to just pop up that never did before.  Like my car.  I never had to worry about my car before and now all of a sudden that I need to depend on it, it just decides that hey I'm old, I don't know if I want to travel that far.  Life can sure get frustrating.  I just wish that I could go live out in the woods somewhere and just live off the farm.  I feel like problems wouldn't find me there, but I know that they would.   

Another thing that I've noticed is that being back at home is just weird.  I mean people are used to you not being  home and then when you get back it's just different.  Even my family acts like I'm not here sometimes.  I guess I can't blame them.  I know that things wouldn't be the same.  I have been told that you're first year back from college is the worst.  I was told that I'm going to be ver bored.  Which is true.  

I really didn't want to leave Grand Rapids for the summer.  Things would've been much better if I could've stayed up there.  Next summer for sure I am not coming home.  I just don't think I'll be able to do it again.  I guess things should get better after all my friends are done with school also.  I just miss all my friends.  I miss being able to hang out with them all the time and not really having a care.  I miss my dorm room, which is something I never expected myself to be saying.  It's true though.  I do.  I just hope that this summer will be fun.  I want to at least be able to do a few good things and not just work.  I mean I do need money, but I want to at least have a little life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment