Monday, June 29, 2009

NO place like Home

You know how sometimes you'll go somewhere for vacation and you don't want to leave? You wish you could stay there for the rest of your life. That is how I feel about Grand Rapids, Michigan. I attend school in the city and when it came time for me to leave I wanted to go home and see my family and friends. Little did I know that after a few days home I wanted to go back. I missed it like crazy! I even remember a few times I was very depressed because I missed my life so much up there. To me it's not just my home away from home, it is my home. I love the people, the views the things to do that I don't have back here in Illinois. I feel like it is a place where I can make a home for myself and eventually raise my children. A place that I can call home. A place that I want to call home. I recently came back from a trip up there and it took all that I had to keep going south and not turn around. Grand Rapids is home to me. I'm so happy to have found something like this that is going to make me happy and keep me happy. I just hope that all of you out there have found "home" or will be finding it soon. Trust me when you find it, you'll never want to leave. You'll know it's the place for you because you'll feel it in your heart. I can't wait for September when I get to see my lovely home again and stay there forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment